U.S. History and Government, Second Edition
Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
To provide students taking the 11th-grade New York State course in U.S. history and government and the Regents examination, as well as others taking a similar course, with a concise and comprehensive text.
Text features include:
- introduction to U.S. geography with an emphasis on how geography has shaped the American experience
- summary of the founding, principles, and operations of the U.S. government . lucid historical narrative
- emphasis on the modern period
- primary source readings in every chapter
- emphasis on the experiences and contributions of women and minorities
- mid-chapter “in Review” features
- end-of-chapter exercises: multiple-choice, thematic-essay, and document-based questions
- more maps, charts, and tables
- expanded coverage of U.S. Supreme Court landmark cases
- “The American People: Changes at the Millennium” - a demographic feature in the last chapter
- appendix: annotated Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution.
- Teacher’s Manual With Answers has guidelines for class presentation of each chapter, answer key, Student’s Study Guide.